Saturday, October 17, 2009

Carol & Ben

Date: October 10, 2009
Partly Sunny, 60 degrees

Last Saturday was a work day for me! Stephanie hired me to assist her in a wedding in Bethlehem. The bride and groom, Carol and Ben, were very nice. They had a FANTASTIC FALL day for their wedding ... it's always a pleasure to photograph such a fun-loving and laid-back couple.

Preparations began at the beautiful SAYRE MANSION in Bethlehem.




We started with pre-bridal shots at the Sayre Mansion by the Hill-to-Hill Bridge. The lighting was wonderful in the 'conservatory' where Carol and her girls got ready. Her dress was amazing.


Carol made Stephanie and I feel right at home as we shot her pre-bridals...

Her amazing dress...


Her jewelry was very ORNATE ....












She had custom necklaces made for the flower girls...






I couldn't resist taking a photo of one of the flower girls taking this photo ... an aspiring wedding photographer?


These were the goody bags for the bridal party and traveling guests ...




This little flower girl had some spunk ...


Such GORGEOUS blue eyes!




The heart was given to Carol by her mother in remembrance of her father
who recently passed away ... very emotional for her
.

The fall bouquet...


Stephanie shot upstairs while Carol got dressed and I headed down to capture some moments of the guys in Room 15. They were well on their way to fun as was evident by the smell of spirits in their 'prep' room. But all was good as they entered the Holy Ghost Parish near Lehigh University.

The groom's shoes ...


We packed up our cameras and headed over to Holy Ghost Parish near Lehigh University. The clouds were beginning to clear and the sun was peaking out little by little ... just in time for the bride to make her GRAND entrance.




The church was like a museum covered in pieces of art ... ornate statues and murals covered the walls and the domed ceiling reminded me of a planetarium ... deep blue with gold-gilded stars.



Steph and I were a bit worried because the lighting was very limited. However, in the end the pictures look pretty amazing.






I took my place up in the balcony alongside the organist/soloist and trumpeter. I got some great shots with my Tamaron 18-250mm despite the low light.



The newlyweds!


Here's my favorite flower girl again!








We headed over to Lehigh University's Chapel for post-bridal shots. It was a perfect autumn day! The clouds had passed and the sun was warming everyone after a damp and rainy morning. The leaves were rustling in the breeze and the colors were amazing.

Lehigh University Chapel






Silly shots are always fun!





The guys were being silly, 'hanging out' with Asa Packer who was the founder of Lehigh. They were making some inappropriate comments about his name. :)



A beer was never too far off...


Pretty ladies...




The Flower Girls were so adorable ... so full of life! They just flitted around like butterflies while the 'grown ups' did their posed shots. I could have photographed these girls ALL day long...














Love this shot!




Bride-to-be ... someday ...






We returned to Sayre Mansion for the reception. It was tight quarters but everyone was in great spirits and the wonderful weather allowed guests to mingle out on the lawn. We got some really great shots, enjoyed the music and had some tasty food.

The appetizers ...





The bar...



The Reception Tent...




One final 'posed' shot before the party began...



I was worried about my back hurting me from being on my feet all day, but with my new Crocs and my lift, things went pretty well! I got some great income for about 9 hours of REALLY FUN work. It was a good day (and helped pay for part of my new Canon T1i!)

No comments:

Post a Comment